My hero. Aung San Suu Kyi.
A woman who has suffered for her country. A loving wife, mother, grandmother and leader. A humble and educated individual whose courage and determination is reflected in her actions and appearance.
Burma is a beautiful country, my mother is from there. The political situation however is in squalor. I read about it on the news and have advocated for free Aung San Suu Kyi campaigns and against the Junta. Her constant fight for democracy in her country has attracted countless admirers and brought plenty of attention. Yet, the military still has a stronghold. I hope I can live to the day where Burma can become a free country again. The country my mother and her family talk so fondly of.
The photo above is of Aung San with one of her sons who was allowed to visit her once whilst she was under house arrest. Her story is inspiring, I have so much respect for her and admire her constant drive to not crumble under the backlash and hardships she has faced throughout her life.
- matipost reblogged this from thesquabbler
- benckendorfs likes this
- amaze-ng reblogged this from thesquabbler
- the-agreeable-snowman likes this
- peaches-on-peaches reblogged this from waiyanjpn
- overlordleaveshiswife likes this
- waiyanjpn reblogged this from ahmetdayyah
- waiyanjpn likes this
- ahmetdayyah reblogged this from thesquabbler
- dancingmeatloaf likes this
- someblogidk likes this
- thesquabbler posted this